I have a newly formed cluster in my lab.
My cluster is composed as follows:
- 3x HPE DL380 Gen8. specs:
- 2x Intel Xeon E5-2670v2 10c/20t;
- 16*8GB DDR3 ECC (tot 128GB);
- 2x SAS 15k rpm 146GB disks as local swap location;
- ESXi is installed on a 32GB SD card;
- 530FLR-SFP+ (Dual port 10gbps SFP+ card flexibleLom);
- X520-DA1 (Single port 10gbps SFP+ card pcie);
- I350-T4 (Quad Port 1gbps RJ45 card pcie);
- 1x Dell PowerConnect 8024F 24 port SFP+ 10gbps switch;
- 1x HPE StoreVirtual 4530. specs:
- 12x HPE SAS 15k rpm 600GB SAS drives in RAID6;
- X520-DA2 (Dual port 10gbps card);
I used the 530flrs to connect to the SAN via the switch.
I used the 520-da1 and 1 of the 1gbps nics for my vmnetwork and configured the 1gbps port to be in standby for failover.
I used 2 more ports on the i350 to make a gateways network as I have a pfsense instance running on the cluster.
The cluster is up as of right now.
I installed ESXi 7.0.0 HPE Custom Image and I deplyed the relative VCSA on host1 to manage the cluster.
All guides I follow get me to the point where HA should be enabled but something is missing…
I have HA enabled now but cluster has a yellow triangle on it and says that there are a few VMs waiting for HA failover retry… whatever that means…
If then I head to HA monitoring I see that Host2 is the master and that there are no hosts connected to it…….. O.O”
What should I do? I’m stuck…..
Thanks for any help…