With Appstack 4.0 attached in the remote desktop, if the user tries to configure any network printer it fails with an error
“Windows Cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x00000006”
On the same remote desktop, if the no appstack is attached, user is able to configure the network printer.
VMware AppVolumes 4.0
Note: First implement the action plan on a test pool or test machine before moving it to production.
- Power on master VM.
- Navigate to C:Program Files(x86)CloudVolumesAgentConfig.
- Create a new folder called “Custom”
- Then create a folder called “app” inside “Custom” folder.
- Create a notepad file, open the file and below lines:
exclude_registry=REGISTRYMACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionPrintProvidersClient Side Rendering Print Provider
- Save the file as snapvol.cfg. Make sure file extension is correctly set to ‘.cfg’ not ‘.cfg.txt’.
- Reboot the VM, Shutdown the VM and take a snapshot and recompose/publish the pool with this snapshot.
- Login to the VM and you should be able to map network printers now.
PS: For further details or information please contact VMware App Volumes support team.