Speakers: Liz Rice and Michael Hausenblas
Presented by the authors of the bestselling OReilly Book Kubernetes Security: Operating Kubernetes Clusters and Applications Safely
Kubernetes is fundamentally a pretty complex system with lots of different potential attack vectors aimed at currency mining and other threats. This talk provides a directional starting point to secure Kubernetes components and securing applications that run on top of these Kubernetes components. For the topics explored, pointers on where to further investigate will be offered.
Well touch upon:
- Container image scanning and container security
- Security boundaries (pod, namespace, node, cluster) and securing clusters form an API perspective
- Control plane and the role of CIS
- Authentication and authorization, including new tools available
- No to root (and why)!
- Runtime considerations, secrets management and more!