I’ve installed the trial version of VMware Workstation Pro 15.5.6 and tested shared VMs with success. After a reboot of Windows 10 Pro (Windows 10, 64-bit (Build 19041.508) it just doesn’t work anymore. I found out, that something with VMware Workstation Server is wrong:
First it writes “retrieving shared VMs location…” for a long time (1-2 minutes)
Then it fails with: the connection to the server could not be maintained due to long periods of inactivity.
But service is running:
What I tried so far without success:
- Repair installation
- Re-installation of VMware Workstation Pro (deleting C:ProgramDataVMware before installing again)
- Restarting VMware Workstation Server or set to manually
- Set startup type: Automatic (delayed start) for the service
- Button Enable/disable Sharing pressed multiple times
- Disable firewall
- Changed the port from 443 to 4430
I have not made any changes to the hardware or software when it worked and I rebooted Windows.