I never completely understand how to configure the L2VPN service in NSX-T. I tried to do it in NSX-T 2.4 and today i tried again in NSX-T 3.0 but i got stuck at the same point. This is what i got so far:
- Two segments (VNI) created in both sites linked to the local T1 which holds the L2VPN Service and with the next characteristics:
- Same Tunnel ID on both sites
- Same network segment.
- Same Local Egress Gateway.
- One T1 per site linked to its local T0 and advertising only the Local IPSec endpoint.
- L2VPN Server on Site A and L2VPN Client on Site B fully configured and with the Tunnel up.
- Two VMs, one placed in each region with an IP of the same range.
From there I do not know how to continue as i already did all the steps, however i have the next doubt:
- What is the Tunnel interface used for?
- Any extra step that needs to be done?
- Any specific configuration regarding the Tiers that needs to be done?
- Any specific configuration regarding the Edges which hold the Tiers needs to be done?