I am trying to go over a simple NSX-T Stretched Networking configuration i have the next:
- One VLAN with a dedicated RTEP Pool for each region.
- Already configured NSX-T Locations.
- Edge VMs used for TEP and RTEP communication.
- Edge VMs have 3 interfaces (Same on both regions)
- vNIC1: Management portgroup (VLAN Tagged)
- vNIC2: Overlay portgroup (VLAN Tagged)
- vNIC3: VLAN Based (Trunk)
I can see that when you configure the RTEP for the first time it asks you to select the Host Switch and then to specify a VLAN, IP Pool, etc. From these requirements and knowing the limitations of NSX-T related to Transport Zones i cannot add a new Overlay Transport Zone and connect the RTEP there so i have the next doubts:
- How the RTEP communication is going to flow from the vNIC2 if it is connected to a VLAN tagged portgroup. Here i also thought about reconfiguring the Uplink Profile and specify the VLAN for Overlay so i can connect the interface to the Trunk Port but i guess it is going to be the as the RTEP will go into the same vNIC which is already tagged with Overlay VLAN.
- From the point above it makes me think. Does the RTEP configuration needs to go connected to an Overlay Transport Zone or it can be connected to a VLAN Transport Zone.
From those queries i think i can keep working on the configuration as i am getting confused on those topics.
Thanks in advance!