This paper discusses best practices for running Enterprise Java Applications on VMware vSphere virtual machines. The guidelines will help you to get the best from your Java applications and application servers when you run them on VMware vSphere.
Architectural Best Practices for Enterprise Java Applications running on vSphere and best Practices for Enterprise Java.
Applications running on vSphere. The following topics are overviewed:
• Design and sizing of VMs,
• Guest OS recommendations,
• Fine-tuning of CPU, memory, storage, networking,
• Useful JVM (Java Virtual Machine) tuning parameters,
• Various high availability features in vSphere ESXi host clusters,
• Resource pools (horizontal scalability and vertical scalability),
• VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).