Windows 10 1809
Got this awesome error with an application once launched application downloads updates to users Appdata
once that is done the app asks to restart and it can no longer access its folder in Program files becomes unavailable.
Could access the folder prior to the application launching.
C:Program fileApplication folder is unavailable. If this location is on this PC, make sure that the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure that you’re connected to the network or internet, then try again. If the location still can not be found, it might have been moved or deleted.
Solution for this that ive found
1. Go to C:Program filesApplication folder.
2. Open the folder name with your user name.
3. Right-click on the Application folder and select Properties.
4. Under the Location tab, click the Restore Default button.
5. Once done, restart your PC.
- Verify the permissions set on the file.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click the file folder and select Properties.
3. Go to Security and select Advanced.
4. Check the box for Replace all child object permission entries with permission entries from this object at bottom.
5. Click Apply, then OK.
This does nothing.
Now the fun part the application does work tho on old version of appvolumes
Windows 10 1809
Same application could access the application folder located in C:Program FilesAppname fine once the application is open and does its thing still could access the folder.
So it seems to be Appvol 4.1 any idea any one had this issue ?