Can I ask for a bit of advice. I am looking at a HPE Server (ML350 Gen10) for a client (accounting firm) and wondered what specification you would use for the following scenario.
1 x VM – Windows Server 2019 / DC and network services / SQL Express running 2 server apps (IRIS and Virtual Cabinet)
– Note: SQL Express has a max database size limit of 10GB
– IRIS Server – Requirements 2 GHZ Processor / 16GB RAM / 300GB disk space
– Virtual Cabinet Server – Requirements 3Ghz Processor / 4GB RAM / 300GB disk space
1 x VM – Windows Server 2019 / RDS / 9 users running:
– Sage – Requirements 2Ghz Processor / 8GB RAM / Min 5GB disk space
– IRIS Client – Requirements 3Ghz Processor / 4GB RAM / Min 15GB disk space
– Virtual Cabinet Client – Requirements 2Ghz Processor / 4GB RAM / 150GB disk space
The current server is as follows:
– 1 x HP ML350p Gen8 with 24GB RAM / Raid 10 SAS drives
– Vmware ESXi 5.0 (Yes, this definitely should be upgraded)
– Services: DC running the server software detailed above.
The current Windows PC’s are as follows:
– i5 or i7 Processor with a minimum 8GB of RAM. They are never maxed.
Any advice on the right specification hardware and the correct VMware licensing would be greatly appreciated.